Are you looking to expand your depth range? Do you want to reduce narcosis during deep dives? The TDI Trimix Diver Course could be your next step! As your motivation to explore progresses, you will find that you may want to go deeper to dive that wreck that is part of history or that cave system that you have read so much about. One of the major limiting factors of going deeper is narcosis; TDI’s Trimix Diver course shows how to minimize the effects of narcosis by adding helium to offset the nitrogen in your breathing gas. While taking the Trimix Diver course your TDI Instructor will teach you how to plan and execute dives utilizing as little as 18 percent oxygen and diving to maximum depth of 60 metres/200 feet with a blend of helium appropriate for the planned depth.
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of TDI Advanced Nitrox AND Decompression Procedures Diver, or equivalent
- Proof of 100 logged dives
HOW MUCH IS the COURSE?
HOW MUCH ARE LEARNING MATERIALS?
$0.00 - $0.00
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Advanced decompression dive planning including:
- Gas planning based on equivalent narcotic depths, nitrogen and helium absorption and elimination, CNS and OUT limits, Isobaric Counter diffusion, volume requirements, etc.
- Decompression gas choices
- Tables vs. personal dive computers
- Emergency and contingency planning (equipment failure, omitted decompression, etc)
- Decompression diving procedures
- Equipment selection
- Pre-dive checks and drills
- Stress analysis and mitigation
- Following a decompression schedule
- Gas switching
- Team awareness and communication
- SMB/lift bag deployment
- Proper trim, buoyancy and finning techniques
- Management of multiple decompression/stage cylinders
- Emergency procedures (equipment failures, catastrophic gas loss, omitted decompression, navigational errors, injured/unconscious diver, etc)
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing trimix nitrox and mixes, and gas blending procedures